By Alicia Powe
WASHINGTON – Special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating claims the Trump campaign colluded with Russia over the 2016 election, and possibly other topics the public may know nothing about.
He’s been on “the case” only a few months, since ex-FBI Director James Comey was fired, but the review, going back into last year, hasn’t produced any evidence yet, and Mueller’s now putting his agenda before a grand jury.
And his investigators have gone to the White House requesting documents concerning former national security adviser Gen. Michael Flynn.
Whether his probe, which reportedly now may be encompassing Trump’s vast business empire and the financial transactions of his associates, produces results or not remains to be seen.
But given his record of scandals when he was the FBI chief, things don’t look promising.
It was attorney Jeffrey Marty, who at American Lookout.com, compiled a long list of scandals casting shadows over Mueller. The following are a few of the better-known:
- Some $12 billion in $100 bills was dispatched to the Iraq war theater, and vanished.
- The IRS deliberately targeted Christian and conservative organizations to cause them trouble.
- Fast and Furious saw the government traffic guns into the hands of Mexican cartel criminals.
- The Department of Justice spied on AP reporters.
- Bill Clinton and the Clinton Foundation got millions for speeches while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.
- Hillary Clinton dealt to Russia control of 20 percent of the uranium capacity inside the U.S.
- Of course, there was Hillary Clinton’s private email server, and all the government records, including classified, that ended up there.
- The HSBC money-laundering scandal.
Marty pointed out that, despite his history, Mueller was sold, when handed the job, as “ramrod straight” and “utterly incorruptible.”