By Michael Snyder
End of the American Dream
You may not believe the incredible things that one member of Congress is saying about the corruption of our political system and the gullibility of the American people. In a brand new book entitled “The Confessions of Congressman X“, one anonymous member of the U.S. House of Representatives confesses that he hardly ever reads the bills that he votes on, that his main job is to get reelected, and that it is “far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification”. This book is being published by Mill City Press, and it is being billed as “a devastating inside look at the dark side of Congress as revealed by one of its own.” I don’t know if you would classify this anonymous member of Congress as “brave” since he does not wish to reveal his identity, but the things that he is admitting confirm suspicions that many of us have had for a very long time. Just check out a few of the most important quotes from his book…
- “Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that’s lavished upon them.”
- “My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.”
- “Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don’t know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it’ll cost.”
- “Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works.”
- “It’s far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.”
- “It’s about getting credit now, lookin’ good for the upcoming election.”
- “We spend money we don’t have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation.”
That last quote made me want to tear my hair out.
This is exactly what I have been saying for years.
One of the things that will really get me ranting is the national debt. Since Barack Obama entered the White House, we have been stealing an average of more than 100 million dollars from future generations of Americans every single hour of every single day.